This Abitsuelas Guisado recipe is somehow popular in the Philippines because it is one of the easiest and quickest dish to cook and the ingredients are very simple and cheap to buy which is affordable for all people who are really on a tight budget.
Baguio Beans / Snap Beans (formerly called String Beans), Flat Green Beans (Italian), Haricot Vert (French). In the Philippines, we call these delectable green vegetable Baguio Beans because they are mostly grown in the Mountain Province where the temperature is cooler than the Lowlands.
Health Benefits of Abitsuelas Guisado
Abitsuelas are good source of Carbohydrate, a moderate amount of Protein, Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C and Beta – Carotene which converts into Vitamin A, B- vitamins and trace amounts of Calcium, Iron and Potassium. This Abitsuelas Guisado recipe is easy to cook and a health one which doesn’t require more time to prepare. Serve this with Hot Rice and some of your favorite recipes that can also be found in this website.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves Garlic (crashed)
- 1/2 cup Onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Tomato (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Pork meat (Cubed)
- 1/4 cup Shrimp
- 1/4kg abitsuelas (baguio beans) (sliced 1)
- 1 cup shrimp soup
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Saute onion, garlic, tomato in a preheat oil in a pan.
- Add pork meat until red disappeared and meat is tender
- Add shrimp and Abitsuelas (Baguio Beans).
- Pour the shrimp soup.
- Wait until the vegetable is cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe ni Juan’s Note:
Any ideas or suggestions regarding the recipe posted? Comment below. Please Rate our Recipe. Like Recipe ni Juan on Facebook for more recipes.