Adobong Kangkong is a dish made up of Kangkong Leaves or Water Spinach it is also known as Swamp Cabbage. Read More and try this Adobong Kangkong Recipe today. Adobo is an authentic Filipino recipe; the ingredients are easy to find and not expensive.
Kangkong, also known as swamp cabbage, used to be referred to as a poor man’s vegetable back home.
About Adobong Kangkong
That’s because they are inexpensive and easily grown in swamplands. Unlike spinach, the leaves are quite fragile and easily bruised so it is not best to serve it as a salad. The stalks are hollow and edible as well.
Here in the Philippines, water spinach grows easily in watery places so you can always see these on the market. This dish is cheap but very delicious; it can be an appetizer or and can be your main dish as well, it is excellent served with hot white rice.
Adobong Kangkong is very easy and delicious Filipino dish! Try it out!
Adobong Kangkong Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Vegetable
- 1 to 2 bundles Kangkong ( Water Spinach ), cut into 2 in. lengths
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 100 g.Pork cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. APF (All Purpose Flour)
- Water (or broth)
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- Salt to Taste
- Heat oil in a wok (or a large frying pan).
- Sauté garlic.
- AddPork and stir-fry until browned.
- Add flour and stir to combine.
- Pour in enough broth (or water) to cook the pork.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add kangkong (water spinach), cook just until wilted.
- Adjust soy sauce if needed according to your taste.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Any ideas or suggestions regarding the recipe posted? Comment below. Rate our Recipe. Like Recipe ni Juan on Facebook for more recipes.