Last Updated on
Almondigas Recipe is easy to follow recipe to prepare for your family and friends. This Almondigas Recipe originated from Mexican meatball soup called Albondigas Soup which means “meatballs” in Spanish. This Filipino version Almondigas has three main ingredients: Meatballs, Misua and Patola also known as Luffa or Chinese Okra.
Almondigas Recipe Preparation
Try this Misua with Meat Balls and Patola Soup Recipe also known as Almondigas Recipe; it is a nutritious comforting soup, especially on a cool rainy day. Misua is an egg wheat noodle, commonly added to any kind of sauté vegetable soups. Patola is also known as Luffa or Sponge Gourd; it contains calcium, iron, and phosphorus and has a good source of vitamin B. This noodle soup is very delicious and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. The costs of ingredients are cheap and will surely fit your budget. This can be considered as a complete meal itself; you may eat this with rice and fried fish or you may eat this as it is.
Try this delicious and nutritious comforting soup Almondigas Recipe.Print
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Pork
- 400 grams Ground Pork (for meatballs)
- 1 cup Cooked Rice (for meatballs)
- 1 pc (medium) Onion (chopped, for meatballs)
- ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour (for meatballs)
- 2 pc Eggs (lightly beaten, for meatballs)
- ¾ tsp Black Pepper (for meatballs)
- 2 tsp Iodized Fine Salt (for meatballs)
- 6 cloves Garlic (crushed, for soup)
- 1 pc (medium) Onion (sliced, for soup)
- 8 liters Water (for soup)
- 1 pc Chicken Bouillon Cube (for soup)
- ¼ kg Carrot (sliced, for soup)
- 150 grams Misua Noodles (for soup)
- 2 stalks Green Onion (sliced, optional, for soup)
- 1 pouch (200 grams) Del Monte
- Filipino Style Tomato Sauce with MMK (for soup)
- Combine ingredients for meatballs. Mix thoroughly. Form every 2 teaspoons of mixture into balls. Set aside.
- Soup: Sauté garlic, onion, and chicken cube. Add DEL MONTE Tomato Sauce and water. Allow to boil, then add meatballs, carrots, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer for another 20 minutes, or until meat is cooked.
- Add misua, then simmer for 3 minutes. Top with green onions.
Recipe ni Juan’s Note:
Any ideas or suggestions regarding the recipe posted? Comment below. Rate our Recipe. Like Recipe ni Juan on Facebook for more recipes.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.