Last Updated on
Ampalaya with Alamang, A low-cost meal that is good for the family. Sauteed Bitter Gourd with Salty Shrimp Relish (Alamang).Ampalaya with Alamang contains the aggregate of bitter flavor from the gourd and the taste of the shrimp and a perfect treat for someone who has an inclination towards eating foods with a very strong kick.
Shrimp paste or shrimp sauce is a common ingredient used in Southeast Asian. Bagoong alamang or “Ginamos” (in Western Visayas) is Filipino for shrimp paste, made from minute shrimp or krill (alamang) and is commonly eaten as a topping on green mangoes or used as a major cooking ingredient.
See our Special Ampalaya with Alamang Recipe Below. 🙂
Ampalaya with Alamang, The Ingredients and More.
Thanks to my friend who shared this wonderful recipe. If you read this, Please make more recipes like this in future. LOL 😛Print
Ampalaya with Alamang
Ampalaya with Alamang, A low-cost meal that is good for the family. Sauteed Bitter Gourd with Salty Shrimp Relish (Alamang).
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 3 mins
- Total Time: 18 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Sea Food
- Cuisine: Asian
- ½ kilo of fresh alamang (washed, cleaned and drained)
- 3 to 4 pcs of ampalaya (bitter gourd)
- 3 pcs garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1–2 pcs medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp of oyster sauce
- – finely slice ampalaya, wash and let soak for an hour over water with salt. This is to reduce the
- bitter taste. After an hour wash ampalaya over running water to eliminate the bitter taste and
- salt while tightly squeezing it.
- – Saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes
- – Add 1 tsp oyster sauce
- – Add in drained alamang, cook until color changes
- – add washed, crushed and drained ampalaya
- – cook for about 3 mins.
- – Season with salt and dash of black pepper
- Calories: 66 kcal
- Sugar: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 33 mg
- Fat: 4.73 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.81 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
Keywords: Ampalaya with Alamang, Shrimp, Bitter Gaurd
Serve with Rice, also with Dried Fish. Wow. So Yummy!!
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.