This Arroz Valenciana recipe is much like Paella. This Filipino Recipe employs coconut milk, malagkit (glutinous or special almond), boiled eggs, and chorizo.
Arroz Valenciana recipe commonly prepared on holidays, family gatherings and reunions. If you are looking for some kind of recipes to prepare during Christmas, Noche Buena and Christmas Party, this recipe is for you. Prepare this Arroz Valenciana on New Years eve with your family.
Below is the exact recipe of our Homemade Arroz Valenciana, You can try different style of your own to make it more delicious and good looking.
Arroz Valenciana Recipe (Filipino Style)
- 3 cups Sticky rice
- ½ lb pork, cut into bite size
- ½ lb shrimp, peel
- 4 pcs chorizo bilbao (Chinese sausage), cooked and julienne
- 1 large potato, cut cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 can snow peas
- 2 tablespoon raisins
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 dozen quail egg, boil and peel
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 stem green onion, sliced thin
- Boil sticky rice in 3 cups of water with turmeric powder.
- Once it starts boiling reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for few minutes then remove from heat.
- Set aside.
- Saute crushed garlic, onion and pork.
- Add ½ water and simmer to soften the meat.
- Once meat is fully cooked and juice completely dries add chinese sausage, shrimp, potatoes, red bell pepper, snow peas and raisins.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the half cooked sticky rice with the sauteed ingredients.
- Mix well, cover wok and simmer in low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with quail eggs and green onions.
- Serve and enjoy.