Last Updated on
Buffalo Chicken Wings are a deep-fried chicken of the same part. It’s usually unbreaded and gets a generous coating of hot sauce made from vinegar, cayenne pepper hot sauce and butter (melted). They say that the origin of this New York staple was at Anchor Bar in 1964. They named Teressa Bellissimo as the person who came up with this dish. This is always served hot and served with celery or carrot stick.
The best dip for this is blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing. Locals also call this “wings”. New York isn’t the only place where this dish is popular. It has made a name throughout the US and even abroad. Nowadays, you’ll find the term “Buffalo” in many preparations such as chicken fries, boneless chicken fingers, shrimp, chicken nuggets, and popcorn chicken. It became a household name for a spice.Print
Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 7
- Category: Chicken
- 1 Kilo Chicken Wings
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place an oven-safe wire baking rack inside. Set pan aside.
- Pat chicken wings dry with paper towels, then transfer chicken wings to a large mixing bowl.
- Add baking powder, sea salt, and black pepper to bowl, then toss chicken wings to coat.
- Arrange chicken wings on rack in prepared baking sheet, spacing them so that the chicken wings do not touch.
Bake chicken wings for 40-45 minutes or until wings are a light golden brown.
- Working quickly, place baked chicken wings in a bowl, then pour buffalo wing sauce on top. Use a spatula or a pair of tongs to toss the chicken wings until they are coated in sauce.
- Serve buffalo chicken wings while hot!
- Calories: 63 kcal
- Sugar: 10.51 g
- Sodium: 653 mg
- Fat: 0.36 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.11 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 1.29 g
- Cholesterol: 2 mg
Keywords: Buffalo Chicken Wings
The hotness of the Buffalo Chicken Wings varies. Some restaurants prepare milder versions while some offer super hot wings. You can also do this at home. Doing this at home will let you tweak the taste of your wings. You can use a milder version of the sauce or add other spice as you like. You can also make it saltier or subtract some if you don’t like it salty. More Chicken Recipes here:
Lastly, cooking Buffalo Chicken Wings at home allows you to make a feast out of it. You can prepare it when you’re watching a game or you’re having a movie marathon. It’s great finger food for chicken and spice lovers. Aside from that, it’s nicer to eat this kind of food at home because it can get dirty. Eating a homecooked version of it allows you to sit on the couch relax and wipe your face when some sauce goes on it. Try making this at home when you can to discover that the homecooked version is always better.
Question regarding the Recipe? Leave a comment below.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.