Camaron Rebosado Recipe (Overflowed Shrimp)
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8
- Fresh Calamansi or Lemon Juice (enough to marinate 2 lb pack of Shrimp)
- 2 lbs (1 kilo) Shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 2 cups all purpose Flour or Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Enough Oil for frying
- Place the prepared uncooked shrimp in a bowl. Pour enough lemon juice to cover the shrimp. Stir and marinate for about 20 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the flour or panko bread crumbs and the salt. Drain the shrimps and dredge in the mixture. Dip in the beaten eag andd then dredge in the flour/breadcrumb mixture again.
- Heat the oil to about 350 F (or medium heat). Fry the shrimp in batches until golden brown. Drain the fried shrimps in a colander lined with paper towel. Repeat until everything is fried.
- Serve immediately with sweet and sour or sweet chilli sauce.