Filipino Chicken Barbecue Recipe
This Chicken Barbecue Recipe (Chicken BBQ) is a Filipino version which is on the sweeter side as compared to other chicken barbecue recipes than any other Countries.
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 3 hours 15 mins
- Yield: 10
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Asian
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs, cut into small pieces (at the shelter they keep the bone in)
- Combine all the ingredients except chicken to make a marinade.
- Marinate the chicken for 3-4 hours.
- Start a charcoal grill and let the coals get very hot. You want to smoke, flameless coals.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto wood skewers and place on a metal grate over the coals. Brush with oil and grill until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest for a few minutes.
- Repeat the grilling process with the cooked chicken, brushing with oil as necessary, until the outside of the chicken is a deep golden brown with a crispy exterior.
- Dip in a soy sauce and vinegar mixture with bird’s eye chilis for a little spiciness.
- Calories: 410
- Sodium: 1460mg
- Fat: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 31g
- Cholesterol: 150mg
Keywords: Chicken, Barbecue, Barbeque, BBQ