Are you one of the many people around who have a penchant for pasta and other Italian recipes? If you do, then it’s time to try this sumptuous Chicken Carbonara Recipe. But first, you might want to know where Carbonara originated. It actually came from Rome and created during the mid 20th Century. Its name was derived from the Italian word “Carbonaro” which means charcoal burner. Though originating abroad, the Filipinos have adapted it a long time ago and have become a regular dish for many families in the Philippines. It’s served during merienda time and even during birthdays and special occasions. It might even become an all-time favorite in your household and why not? Its creaminess will definitely be more than satisfying for everyone’s palate and will everyone keep coming back for more.
Chicken Carbonara Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 6
- 1 pack pasta,
- chicken breast cut into lengthwise or cubes
- 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 onion
- 1 tsp dried basil, 2 pcs chicken cubes
- 1 tsp black pepper, 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup fresh milk, 1 can Nestle cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cook through about 13 mins. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken breast in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned about 10 mins.
- Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon, leaving drippings in pan; set aside.
- Cook and stir onion until light brown add garlic stir until golden brown, add dried basil, black pepper, chili powder, and chicken cubes grease over medium heat.
- Add cooked chicken breast, pour milk, nestle cream and butter to skillet; stir until smooth. Stir Parmesan cheese into the mixture, mix the pasta into the sauce to serve.
Chicken Carbonara Recipe Preparation Tips
Carbonara is usually cooked with Bacon or Tuna but this time, you can give Chicken Carbonara Recipe a try and your tummy will truly be satisfied. The best chicken part you can use for this recipe is the breast or thigh. Make sure you buy fresh chicken. The chicken will be boiled and after it has cooled down, you have to shred the chicken to mix with other ingredients. This recipe contains a lot of ingredients like Parmesan Cheese and Italian Ham plus a lot more.
You have to make a creamy sauce to fully enjoy eating this yummy dish. Some love it with plenty of cheese, herbs, and seasonings. The Spaghetti Pasta is the one which is widely used but the penne is also a favorite. If you want to make it more special, try adding bell peppers and mushrooms. It takes just about thirty minutes to prepare this and another thirty minutes to cook it. Another important note to remember is to keep the “Pasta Aldente” when boiling. It wouldn’t be as exciting to eat soggy pasta.
After an hour, it’s time to have a taste of your special dish, the Carbonara Chicken Recipe. To enjoy eating your dish, it is best partnered with Paolo Maldini and Garlic Bread or Pandesal on the side. Your guests and family members will be able to appreciate it more and will probably be asking for more. The next big event in your house will be watched out for if only because of this dish that might be considered as your specialty.
Whether you are a mom or not, being able to cook something special like this is more than just making sure that there is food on the table, but more importantly, it will be such a rewarding feat for you after cooking such delectable pasta that will truly please your tummy and that of your family. On the last note, eating this Chicken Carbonara pasta can also be beneficial to one’s health because Pasta has a low amount of sodium and it’s also cholesterol free. It’s also rich in folic acid which is very necessary for women who is still at their childbearing age. It also contains complex carbohydrates which are responsible for the release of energy at a constant level. Visit our Official Facebook Page to send us a message and get regular updates on different Filipino Foods and Recipes.