Christmas is a time of celebration and it is where the men and women show off their cooking skills and thus, the Christmas table is without want of delicious food. One of these dishes is Chicken Galantina. A stuffed recipe, this Chicken Galantina recipe is similar to Embutido and Morcon. However, Chicken Galantina distinguishes itself from these same recipes because though Embutido and Morcon are both sausage-type stuffed recipes, Chicken Galantina, on the other hand, has an actual chicken where the ingredients are stuffed in.
Since Chicken Galantina is usually served during Christmas, it is obvious that the preparation for this recipe is tedious, as one needs to debone the entire chicken without cutting the chicken before preparing the stuffing. To help in the deboning process, one can marinate the chicken first in a mixture of soy sauce or calamansi. The length of the time you can spend in marinating will depend on how tasty you want the chicken to be. Also, you can prepare the stuffing while waiting for the chicken to absorb the marinade.
Chicken Galantina Recipe Preparation Tip
The stuffing of the chicken for the Chicken Galantina recipe, on the other hand, is similar to what one will put in an embutido such as raisins, ground pork, sausages, hard boiled eggs, onion, red and green bell peppers and ham. Putting the stuffing inside the deboned chicken is the easiest part and this is where you can control how much stuffing you want to put inside.
It is recommended that before steaming the chicken, you cover it with foil (or cloth) to prevent the stuffing from falling out of the chicken. Also, you have to let it rest before refrigerating it for 3 – 4 hours.
The Chicken Galantina is already cooked before you actually refrigerate it, and you can already serve it as it is. With ketchup as a dip and served with rice, this is yet another recipe that is worth the effort in cooking.
- 1 1/2 kilo whole chicken
- 1 cup slices of ham
- 1/2 kilo ground meat pork (should be lean meat)
- Grind at least 2x.
- 2 pieces of boiled eggs
- 6-8 pieces of olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon monosodium glutamate
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup whole pickles, sliced lengthly
- 2 pieces of carrots, boiled and sliced lengthy
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Clean the chicken well and be careful to take its bones. Taking bones can be done in the market or meat shop.
- Coat the inner portion of the whole chicken with salt and pepper as well as its surface.
- Set in a countertop for a while.
- Bring all the ingredients inside the chicken as filling except the boiled eggs, pickles and carrots.
- Place the eggs, pickles, and carrots inside the chicken and the remaining ingredients.
- Do not fill many filling inside the chicken to avoid difficulty when making the next step.
- Stitch the wounded part of the tummy of the chicken to tighten.
- Place the chicken in a baking pan.
- Use a pan where the size of the chicken suits.
- Cover the whole chicken of an aluminum foil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and set a timer of 10 minutes before placing the chicken.
- Set a timer of 1 hour to bake the whole chicken.
- To determine if the chicken is cooked, take a skewer to prick the flesh.
- The pink juice will come out if uncooked yet.
- Set in the rack to cool before slicing.
- Chicken stock
- tablespoons grated cheese
- tablespoon cornstarch
- Make a delicious sauce for this dish through the chicken stock.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of grated cheese and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in the water.
- In a low heat, bring the ingredients to boil.
- Stir well until thick.
- Serve the dish with a sauce.
Recipe ni Juan’s Note:
Any ideas or suggestions regarding the recipe posted? Comment below. Rate our Recipe. Like Recipe ni Juan on Facebook for more recipes.