Yet another version of the giniling, this Chicken Giniling Recipe includes Green Peas is almost similar to the Pork Giniling variant. Its only difference being 1) you use chicken and 2) it has green peas. The chicken giniling is a healthier alternative to the pork version as the chicken itself is lower in cholesterol, owing to the chicken being a white poultry as compared to pork which is a red meat. In all, we will take you to this recipe which is easy to cook and with ingredients which you can easily find.
One of the features of this Spanish-inspired chicken giniling with green peas recipe is that it has the usual carrots, potatoes, and raisins; but apart from that, what makes this dish obviously an assimilated dish is that it has the presence of the sarsa – or sauce, made from tomatoes or from tomato sauce. This added tomato sauce is what makes this dish tasty and enjoyable.
Chicken Giniling Recipe Peas Preparation Tip
Going on into the process of cooking, you can either ground the chicken yourself if you have a food processor or you can buy it ground from the market. Sauté onions and garlic into a heated pan until it becomes shiny and translucent. After which you add the ground chicken and stir fry it for five minutes. Add tomatoes or tomato sauce and water, salt and pepper and let it simmer for 15 – 20 minutes. Add some more tomato sauce to your taste.
Toss in the diced vegetables and peas and stir for another five minutes. You can add a little water if you want it to have some texture. Stir well until all of the ingredients are well-mixed. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
Perfect for lunch and dinner, this dish is to be served with rice. Use this chicken giniling with green peas recipe if you want a dish that is economical as it is delicious.
Chicken Giniling with Green Peas
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 7
- Category: Chicken
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 large potato, cut into small cubes
- 1 large carrot, cut into small cubes
- 1½ cups frozen green peas
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 pieces dried bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a wide pan.
- When the oil is hot, sauté the garlic and onion until the onion softens.
- Add the ground chicken. Cook for 5 minutes in medium heat.
- Pour-in the tomato sauce and chicken broth. Let boil.
- Add the dried bay leaves. Simmer for 35 minutes covered. Note: add water or chicken broth as needed.
- Put-in the carrots and potato. Stir and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the green peas. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and turn off heat
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!