With the sudden boom of Chicken Inasal in the Metro Manila, as started by that particular Chicken Inasal chain, who wouldn’t be familiar with chicken inasal? Its combo of chicken and unlimited rice at a very affordable price was such a hit that the giant fast food chain actually bought the said chicken Inasal store. From being a hometown glory of Visayas, this chicken inasal recipe of chicken and special spices sure have captivated the minds and the taste buds of all Filipinos.
However, if one is craving for some inasal and at the same time do not have access to the nearest inasal store, what is there to do? Make one yourself. With this chicken inasal recipe, you will be able to replicate the one bought from the store and satisfy your cravings.
The keys to a tasty inasal are the marinade and the sauce, in that it will give the chicken its unmistakable taste and color.
Chicken Inasal Preparation
- Combine lemongrass, vinegar, salt and pepper, garlic, brown sugar and lemon juice into a large pot, make sure that all of the ingredients are well-mixed and marinade it overnight or for 1-3 hours.
- Next, while preparing to grill the chicken, mix together margarine or butter, atsuete seeds and salt and pepper. This will serve the basting sauce which you will generously pour while grilling the inasal.
- Get the chicken from its marinade, skewer the chicken with bamboo sticks and start grilling.
- Tip: Don’t turn the grilled inasal more than twice as it will make the meat drier. Pour or brush the basting sauce on the chicken while grilling.
- Serve hot together with rice with a combination of soy sauce, siling labuyo and calamansi as side dip.
As you can see, this Inasal recipe is not that complicated, you just need a good grill, a rockstar marinade and oh-so-tasty basting sauce to recreate that chicken inasal taste that everyone is looking for.
Aside from this recipe, you can also try Recipe ni Juan’s Chicken Barbeque Recipe. Also a popular recipe from the Philippines and can be seen in different parties. Also, Don’t Forget to Like Us on Facebook.
- 2 lbs chicken cut into serving pieces
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup lemongrass, chopped
- 1 cup coconut vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon or calamansi juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup lemon soda (softdrink)
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Basting Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons annatto oil (atsuete oil)
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon or calamansi juice
- In a freezer bag or large bowl, combine chicken, lemongrass, salt, ground black pepper, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, vinegar, lemon-lime soda, and lemon juice.
- Stir or shake the mixture until every ingredient is well incorporated. Marinade for 1 to 3 hours.
- In a bowl, combine margarine, annatto oil, salt, and lemon juice then stir. Set aside.
- Grill the chicken while basting generous amount of the margarine mixture.
- Transfer the grilled chicken to a serving plate.
- Serve with sinamak. Share and enjoy!