Last Updated on
With the sudden boom of Chicken Inasal in the Metro Manila, as started by that particular Chicken Inasal chain, who wouldn’t be familiar with chicken inasal? Its combo of chicken and unlimited rice at a very affordable price was such a hit that the giant fast-food chain actually bought the said chicken Inasal store. From being a hometown glory of Visayas, this chicken inasal recipe of chicken and special spices sure have captivated the minds and the taste buds of all Filipinos.
However, if one is craving for some Inasal and at the same time do not have access to the nearest Inasal store, what is there to do? Make one yourself. With this Chicken Inasal recipe, you will be able to replicate the one bought from the store and satisfy your cravings.
The keys to a tasty Inasal are the marinade and the sauce, in that it will give the chicken its unmistakable taste and color.
Chicken Inasal Preparation
- Combine lemongrass, vinegar, salt and pepper, garlic, brown sugar and lemon juice into a large pot, make sure that all of the ingredients are well-mixed and marinade it overnight or for 1-3 hours.
- Next, while preparing to grill the chicken, mix together margarine or butter, atsuete seeds and salt, and pepper. This will serve the basting sauce which you will generously pour while grilling the inasal.
- Get the chicken from its marinade, skewer the chicken with bamboo sticks and start grilling.
- Tip: Don’t turn the grilled inasal more than twice as it will make the meat drier. Pour or brush the basting sauce on the chicken while grilling.
- Serve hot together with rice with a combination of soy sauce, siling labuyo and calamansi as a side dip.
Chicken Inasal Recipe (Original)
With the sudden boom of Chicken Inasal in the Metro Manila, as started by that particular Chicken Inasal chain, who wouldn’t be familiar with chicken inasal? Its combo of chicken and unlimited rice at a very affordable price
- Prep Time: 60 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 6 parts (legs, wings, breasts)
- 1 head garlic, macerated
- 2 tbsps. chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sinamak (native coconut vinegar)
- 10 pieces calamansi extract (the juice)
- 3 stalks tanglad (lemon grass), julienne
- salt and coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup atsuete (annatto seeds) oil
- salt and pepper large
- bamboo skewers
- charcoal for grilling
- In a large bowl, place the garlic, ginger, vinegar, a small amount of sugar, calamansi, tanglad, salt, and pepper. Mix all the ingredients then add the chicken meat. Lightly rub the marinade on the meat. Place chicken in the chiller and let sit. After 30 minutes, turn the meat and let it sit for another 30 minutes. It is not ideal to marinate the meat overnight since the acid of the vinegar will completely break down the enzymes of the meat.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, over low fire, combine margarine/butter and annatto seeds. Stir until the margarine melts and the annatto seeds are well infused and have developed a deep orange color. Turn off heat then add a small amount of salt and pepper to taste.
- After marinating the chicken, put several slits on the part near the bone to help with cooking the meat fully. Skewer the meat and cook over a hot charcoal grill, skin side down, basting it once in a while. As much as possible do not turn the meat more than twice since the result will be drier meat.
- Serve while hot together with steamed rice paired with grilled oysters and sinamak or soy sauce with calamansi and siling labuyo (red chili peppers).
- Calories: 572 kcal
- Sugar: 8.02 g
- Sodium: 369 mg
- Fat: 34.76 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.77 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 42.86 g
- Cholesterol: 127 mg
Keywords: Chicken Inasal, Inasal Recipe
As you can see, this Inasal recipe is not that complicated, you just need a good grill, a rockstar marinade, and oh-so-tasty basting sauce to recreate that chicken inasal taste that everyone is looking for.
Aside from this recipe, you can also try Recipe ni Juan’s Chicken Barbeque Recipe. Also, a popular recipe from the Philippines and can be seen in different parties. Also, Don’t Forget to Like Us on Facebook.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.