Yet another hit in Filipino parties, This Filipino Fruit Salad Recipe is an easy-to-make dessert not only for homey parties but also in big celebrations and what makes it so great is that there’s actually no cooking involved.Again, keeping in touch with the Filipino sweet tooth, the ingredients in this fruit salad recipe are all sweet and all store-bought, making it very accessible especially if you are cramming that birthday party for your 7-year old. You will need canned Fruit Cocktail, All Purpose Cream which is a heavy cream used to give the fruit salad texture and for it to hold the fruits together once the salad solidifies in the refrigerator, and canned Condensed Milk which is just heavy, sweetened milk. If you are feeling bold, you can add diced Cheese and Apples if not included in the Fruit Cocktail.
Local Filipino Fruit Salad The Buko Salad (Another Fruit Salad Type but with Buko and Macaroni)
Filipino Fruit Salad Recipe Preparation
To follow this Filipino Fruit Salad recipe, drain the fruit cocktail of its juice and transfer it in a mixing bowl. Add the all-purpose cream and the condensed milk and mix all three ingredients together. You can add more all-purpose cream or more condensed milk depending to your taste. After mixing all of the ingredients well, you can now refrigerate it and serve it chilled the next day.
Upon serving it, if you didn’t already add the cheese; add it shredded or add maraschino cherries if you are feeling fancy. However, these two are all just optional ingredients. Nothing will beat the simple fruit cocktail, all-purpose cream and condensed milk combo for this fruit salad recipe.
- 2 800 g fruit cocktail in can
- 2 pcs red apples, cubed
- 2 pcs green apples, cubed
- 560 g lychees in can
- 2 cups nata de coco
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 400 ml can Condense Milk (Chilled)
- 300 ml thickened cream, (Chilled)
- Maraschino cherry (Optional to Garnish)
- Thoroughly drain Fruit Cocktail, Lychees and Nata De Coco in Colander.
- Cut Lychees into quarters.
- Combine together condensed milk and thickened cream.
- In a large bowl combine together drain fruit cocktail, lychees, nata de coco apples and corn.
- Pour milk and cream mixture into the bowl then toss to coat the fruits evenly.
- Place in the freezer for two hours before serving.
You can also try this special Halo-Halo from Recipe ni Juan. Don’t Forget to Like and Visit our official Facebook Page.