Last Updated on
This Ginataang Langka with Tinapa Flakes Recipe is a traditional Filipino dish made from unripe jackfruit and coconut milk, added with smoked fish or Tinapa to add to the flavor of the Ginataang Langka. This tasty and nutritious dish is one of the many variations of Ginataan, a delicious dish having meat, fish, and vegetables as its main ingredient. Langka or unripe jackfruit is a great substitute for meat when it’s not available as it has a texture that is surprisingly similar to chicken. In this dish, the Ginataang Langka with Tinapa flakes, you will need garlic, onions, some cooking oil, and of course, coconut milk. You can also add bagoong to add a saltier and fishier taste.
To make Ginataang Langka with Tinapa Flakes Recipe
- You have to sauté garlic on a pan until the garlic has a golden brown color to it.
- After the garlic turns to a golden brown color, add the onions of the Ginataang Langka with Tinapa flakes to the pan with the sautéed garlic for a few minutes, with three minutes as a minimum.
- The next step is that we must pour the coconut milk into the pan, and simmer the ingredients of Ginataang Langka with Tinapa flakes for five minutes.
- After you’re done simmering the ingredients, add the unripe jackfruit into the pan and simmer until the jackfruit is tender.
- After that, you can add the cooked Tinapa, and then you can add the optional ingredient, shrimp paste (bagoong).
- Then add some salt and pepper to add taste to the Ginataang Langka with Tinapa flakes, and simmer the ingredients for at least several minutes to ten minutes until the coconut milk becomes a bit dry and thick.
After you’re done cooking with Ginataang Langka with Tinapa flakes, serve the dish on a large bowl. This dish is quite nice with rice, you can have this dish served with your family, at parties. But whatever the occasion, Ginataang Langka with Tinapa flakes is a great viand for everyone! Eat well!
Ginataang Langka with Tinapa Flakes Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Vegetable
- 3 pounds unripe jackfruit (equivalent to 3 pounds), chopped and seeds removed
- 8 pieces hot chili pepper
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 1½ cups malunggay leaves
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
- 4 ounces tinapa flakes
- 1 large yellow onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons shrimp paste (bagoong)
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Saute garlic and onion until the onion softens.
- Add the jackfruit and cook for three to five minutes.
- Stir in the fish flakes and cook for one minute.
- Add the ground black pepper and chili peppers.
- Add the coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Stir in the vinegar and shrimp paste.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the malunggay leaves. Cook for another five to ten minutes.
- Taste it. If it needs something, add a little salt. Stir.
- Place in serving bowl. Serve while Hot!!
You can also watch this Video I saw on Youtube to make it easier for you to cook this Recipe. Credit goes to the owner of the Video.
Please Subscribe on Recipe ni Juan’s newsletter and get updated with our latest recipes. Visit our official Facebook Page for more.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.