Last Updated on
This Ginataang Pusit Recipe is another great variation of “Ginataan“, a popular, simple, yet delicious Filipino dish that is made from coconut milk. This variation of Ginataan uses Squid or locally known as ‘Pusit’ in Filipino.
What is Ginataang Pusit?
This tasty Recipe, yet simple dish is quite easy to prepare, and with the ingredients, quite easy to get too. The dish has a pinkish color to it, unlike most Ginataan dishes, the Ginataang Pusit it gets the pinkish to grayish color from the squid. The ingredients required to Ginataang Pusit are the following, garlic cloves, chopped onions, cooking oil, salt and pepper, coconut milk (ginataan), and squid (fresh, smaller ones are suggested).
Ginataang Pusit Recipe
Ginataang Pusit it gets the pinkish to grayish color from the squid. The ingredients required to Ginataang Pusit are the following, garlic cloves, chopped onions, cooking oil, salt and pepper, coconut milk (ginataan), and squid (fresh, smaller ones are suggested).
- Prep Time: 7 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 22 mins
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- Category: Seafood
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 1-kilo medium-sized squid
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 pcs green chili peppers, sliced (optional)
- 1 tsp. black pepper, ground
- spring onions, chopped
- 1 pc medium size onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch ginger, slivered
- 1 to 2 tsp. patis or fish sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- Clean the squid by removing the beak, ink sack and transparent backbone.
- Saute garlic, onion, and ginger for a few minutes then add the squid.
- Stir-fry for a few minutes again until the squid is slightly cooked.
- Then pour the coconut milk and season with salt and pepper, adjust the amount if necessary.
- Simmer again for a few minutes until the sauce is thick then add the green chili peppers.
- Don’t overcook so the squid won’t get too tough.
- Remove from fire and serve hot.
- Calories: 294 kcal
- Sugar: 5.56 g
- Sodium: 839 mg
- Fat: 5.56 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.85 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 41.99 g
- Cholesterol: 589 mg
Keywords: Ginataang Pusit Recipe
Ginataang Pusit Recipe, How to Prepare and more.
- The first step to make Ginataang Pusit is to pound the garlic with the mortar and pestle after you’re done with that, the next step is to sauté the garlic in a low-medium heat on a pan with only a little cooking oil.
- Afterward, add the chopped onions on the pan, and then sauté the ingredients for five minutes and make sure that the ingredients don’t burn. The garlic and onions help give the Ginataang Pusit flavor.
- The next step in cooking Ginataang Pusit is, once the onions start to brown a little, you can now add the sliced squid in with the rest of the ingredients that you’ve added previously. Sauté the ingredients for five more minutes to cook the squid thoroughly, however, do not overcook the squid, as it will give the squid a rubbery texture, making it harder to eat.
- Also, in this step of cooking Ginataang Pusit, you’ll see that the squid will water.
- Once five minutes have passed, you can now add the coconut milk as well as salt and pepper to add taste to the Ginataang Pusit, make sure you don’t put too much coconut milk, cover the pan and simmer the Ginataang Pusit for at least another ten minutes to fully cook the dish.
- Once that’s done, you can now serve the Ginataang Pusit, it’s great when eaten as a viand with rice. Eat well!
You can add some Eggplant or Sitaw on your Ginataang Pusit. Aside from this Ginataang Pusit Recipe, you can also try our Adobong Pusit Recipe. Don’t Forget to subscribe on our website and also visit our Facebook Page for easier to follow recipes.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.