Last Updated on
Ginisang Repolyo recipe is a no-nonsense recipe which involves sauteeing all of the ingredients. If one wants to have a tasty meal without having the time to do so, then cooking Ginisang Repolyo is the perfect recipe for all busy people out there. Its ingredients include cabbage (can be napa cabbage), bell peppers, carrots, and even meat such as chicken, pork or beef.
For those of you who are health-conscious, you can actually skip the meat ingredients in this ginisang repolyo recipe and instead use known meat substitutes such as tofu or mushrooms or you can just prepare it meatless. You can also add shrimp in this recipe. Just be sure though to take off its skin before including it in the mix. For the other non-meat ingredients, the bell peppers will add a crunch to the dish and also up its nutritional value while the carrots, on the other hand, lends a sweetness to the dish.
For the oil to be used in sauteing, one can substitute it with butter, still, if you want an even healthier substitute, then you can also use vegetable broth. You can also add more broth if don’t want it to be too dry.Print
Ginisang Repolyo Recipe
Ginisang Repolyo recipe is a no-nonsense recipe which involves sauteeing all of the ingredients. If one wants to have a tasty meal without having the time to do so, then cooking Ginisang Repolyo is the perfect recipe for all busy people out there.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Vegetables
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 1 head repolyo (cabbage), core removed and sliced thinly
- 1 medium sized carrot, julienne
- 1/2 lb ground pork, shredded
- 16 oz. tofu, sliced and fried until golden brown
- 1 medium sized onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 stalks green onions, cut into 1-inch long pieces
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp oil (I used olive oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a wok or large skillet over medium heat, saute garlic until light brown.
- Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add ground pork and saute for 3 minutes or until there’s no more red part showing.
- Season with about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Remove cover and add the cabbage and carrots.
- Stir until well combined.
- Add fish sauce and oyster sauce.
- Continue stirring until well distributed.
- Cover and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Add tofu and green onions.
- Mix until well incorporated with other ingredients.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with steamed rice.
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 5.9g
- Sodium: 1041.7mg
- Fat: 8.6g
- Carbohydrates: 14.3g
- Protein: 11.3g
Keywords: Ginisa, Repolyo
This can be served with rice or can be eaten as a standalone. You can also serve it with soy sauce with a dash of sugar as a side dip to bring in more flavor to the dish.
Don’t forget to leave comments and suggestions below to make this recipe tastier and healthier. Also, don’t forget to Like Recipe ni Juan on Facebook for more Filipino Recipes. Have a nice day!
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.