Last Updated on
Though served any time of the year, you know it is already the Christmas season if more Bibingka Stalls start setting up in just about any corner of the Philippines. Another well-known delicacy during Christmas, this homey mixture of rice dough, butter, eggs, and milk is a sure favorite of the Filipinos to eat after attending the Simbang Gabi. However, with this Homemade Bibingka Recipe, you will never have to wait for the Christmas season to come again to enjoy this very Filipino dish the same as the Cassava Cake.
In making the base for this Homemade Bibingka Recipe, you have a choice of whether to make the rice dough or the Galapong from scratch or to buy it ready made from the wet market. Another choice which is the easier one makes use of rice flour.
Homemade Bibingka Recipe
Another well-known delicacy during Christmas, The Bibingka Recipe is a mixture of rice dough, butter, eggs, and milk is a sure favorite of the Filipinos to eat after attending the Simbang Gabi.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: Native Delicacy
- Cuisine: Asian
- 2 Cups Rice Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (13.5 ounces) can Gata (Coconut Milk)
- 2 tbsp. melted Butter
- 5 beaten Eggs
- 2 Salted Egg (Sliced lengthwise)
- Cubed Kesong Puti or Keso de Bola
- Softened Margarine
- Grated mature coconut
- Sugar to taste
- Banana leaves (optional)
- 3 Aluminum Pie Pans
- Rinse banana leaves under warm water and trim away thick edges.
- Cut leaves into about 10-inch diameter rounds (large enough to cover bottom and sides of baking pan).
- Quickly pass and heat leaves over stove flames for a few seconds or until just softened.
- Line pie pans with the leaves, making sure they are intact with no rips.
- In a large bowl, combine rice flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk together until well dispersed.
- In another bowl, combine coconut milk and butter and stir until blended.
- Add to rice flour mixture and gently stir until batter is smooth.
- Add beaten eggs and stir until blended.
- Divide mixture and pour into the prepared pie pans.
- Arrange egg and cheese slices on top.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- If desired, place under the broiler for about 1 minute or until nicely charred.
- Remove from heat and spread margarine on top.
- Garnish with grated coconut and sprinkle with sugar to taste.
- Calories: 1334
- Sugar: 79.7g
- Sodium: 1626.8mg
- Fat: 66g
- Protein: 31.3g
- Cholesterol: 514.4mg
Homemade Bibingka Recipe ( The Alternative Method)
- On a large pot mix in the rice flour, water, and salt, adding more water depending on how consistent you want the dough. The dough is already consistent enough once it doesn’t stick to your hands anymore. Reserve the dough for later.
- Next comes mixing the butter, sugar, beaten eggs and the rice flour dough, salt, baking powder and coconut milk and fresh milk. Mix all of these for five minutes after which you put the mixture on a pan and put it in the oven.
- After 15 minutes, bring out the pan from the oven and garnish the bibingka with sliced salted egg and grated cheese. Bake the bibingka once again until the top becomes golden brown.
- Bring the bibingka out of the oven and you have the option to add grated coconut or brush it with melted butter or sugar.
- Together with puto bumbong, bibingka is perfect with coffee to balance its sweetness.
- With this bibingka recipe, it is sure that preparing bibingka will now be accessible for you and your family in any season.
Note: Notice the method posted? We posted Two (2) Different methods and different ingredients in making Bibingka, Simply choose what you think is easy to prepare. Confuse? Send us a message or Comment below regarding the Recipe. Thank You.
Don’t Forget to Visit Our Official Facebook Page for more free recipes. Comments are appreciated. Ask Questions below this post. Mabuhay!
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.