Salted eggs are easy to make at home with this simple recipe.Print
Homemade Salted Eggs
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- 1 glass container with lid
- 4 cups of water
- 1 dozen eggs
- 500 grams salt
- Boil salt and water in pot
- While boiling, stir until all the salt has dissolved and salt crystals start to form on the side of the pot.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Put the eggs in the glass container.
- Slowly pour in the salt water and salt crystals until all the eggs are submerged.
- Cover the container with the lid and leave it in a cool dark place.
- If you prefer less salty eggs, you can take out one egg to test after three weeks.
- Boil the salted egg in water for ten minutes until it is hard-boiled.
- Remove the shell and taste to see if it is salty enough to your liking.
- If not, leave the eggs in the container for another week or two.
- Remove the salted eggs from the salt water and store them in the refrigerator until they are ready for use in any of your dishes.