Pork Giniling is a tasty ground pork-based dish. As with Menudo, Afritada, Mechado and other dishes, you can see that this is Spanish-inspired due to the fact that this pork giniling owes its tastiness to the tomato sauce where the ground pork is doused. In this Pork Giniling recipe, we will learn how to make this one tasty giniling and have it in your list of to cook dishes.
Its ingredients are almost similar to other dishes in that there this pork giniling recipe also has Potatoes and Carrots and Raisins. However, the star of this dish is the pork giniling. You can buy the pork already ground from the market or you can actually also have it ground in your home as long as you have a mechanical food processor. After preparing the ground pork, saute onions and garlic into a pan and wait for it to be shiny and golden brown. Add in the ground pork and stir-fry for five minutes. Add then the tomato sauce and water, salt and pepper and let it simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
Pork Giniling Recipe and Preparation
- Put in the diced potatoes and carrots, raisins, and peas into the mixture. Stir well for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables are already tender and well-mixed.
- You can already serve your pork giniling as it is or you can add a piece or two (or more, depending on how much pork giniling you cooked) of hard-boiled eggs just before turning the stove off. If you are feeling creative, you can add more tomato sauce and liver spread for added texture.
- And there you have it, a simple pork giniling recipe which is sure to entice the taste buds of your family. You can serve it as an ordinary viand or make it a dish in any celebration.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- Soak cubed potatoes and carrots in 1 cup of water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over
medium highheat and saute onions and garlic tillfragrant.
- Throw in ground pork and saute till no longer pink.
- Add soaked potatoes and carrots, discarding water.
- Add bell peppers.
- Add raisins, tomato sauce, soy sauce,
saltand pepper, then mix.
- Cover skillet and simmer on medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring twice till potatoes and carrots are tender, and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve immediately.