Pork steak is among the most flavorful pieces of meat that can come from a pig / pork. This is also popular in the Philippines. See our Special Pork Steak Recipe here. It is because it has just the right amount of fat throughout to add flavor and keep it moist. Many people may integrate the pork steak into a dish or casserole, but just as with beef steak, pork steak is left to be appreciated all by itself. Match it with a baked potato or a salad, and you’ve got an unbeatable meal.
Should you want as long as they are sliced properly, although I used pork chops in this recipe, you may use any element of the pork. The reason I used this part is because of its fat content. The fats add more flavor to the dish.
- 6 to 7 pieces pork chops
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 pieces lime or 1 piece lemon
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 Big onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the pork or beef steak in
kalamansi(lemon) juice, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and pepper for 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan then pour-in cooking oil.
- Pan-fry the marinated pork chops in medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove excess oil.
Pour-inthe remaining marinade and water and let boil. Simmer for 45 minutes or until the pork is tender. Note: Add water as needed. Add-inthe sugar, salt, and pepper then stir.
- Put-in the onions and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Turn-off heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!