Last Updated on
Sweet and Sour Recipe is widely known to be one of the famous Chinese dishes. It’s a dish that has deep Fried Pork with Pineapple and Bell Pepper. The blending of the sweetness and sour taste of the dish makes it very delectable. But although it’s always been associated with the Chinese people, Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe has also been one of the preferred Filipino Foods. Filipinos have adopted this as their very own dish and you can see this in almost any household gatherings. It’s a dish that’s well loved by the whole family and is one of the regular dishes you will see on the dining table on special occasions.
Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe Tips & Preparation
The Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe uses fresh Pineapples so you better scout for the sweetest Sweet and Sour Sauce. This should blend well with the Vinegar to create an appetizing taste that everyone will remember long after they have tried it. The Pork should not juicy but not very fat and should be fried until it has turned golden brown or if you would like, you can try it in another way; marinate the pork in all the ingredients then cook them all together. Cooking this recipe is quite easy to do because there aren’t so many ingredients that you have to prepare. It’s actually a very simple recipe but will definitely satisfy your cravings. You also have to use Cornstarch to make the Sauce thick. Adding sugar into the sauce will give it a sparkling brown color. You can add the Fresh Pineapples when you’re about to turn off the heat. Don’t forget to put the bell peppers on top of the dish. Bell peppers are always more delicious when it’s not overcooked and you can still enjoy its crispiness. Its taste will blend with the other ingredients and will make it more scrumptious.
When you’re done, be ready with a hot steamed rice to fully enjoy your new dish. Everyone will definitely love your Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe. Be ready with some ice cold soda for refreshments. It would also be nice to have some desserts to indulge in after eating the main course. Some native delicacies would be fine. Enjoying a sumptuous meal is a good way to bond with family and friends. Eating together is one of the few heartwarming times that you can plan during your free time. It’s a nice way to spend some time together and talk about the happenings in each one’s life while savoring a truly magnificent meal like this.
Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
The Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe uses fresh Pineapples so you better scout for the sweetest Sweet and Sour Sauce. This should blend well with the Vinegar to create an appetizing taste that everyone will remember long after they have tried it.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 3
- Category: Pork
- ½ pound Pork Tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- oil for deep-frying
- ½ cup pineapple chunks
- 1 green bell pepper sliced & deseed
- 1 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-inch root ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons vinegar (white vinegar for the color)
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Cut Pork Tenderloin into bite sizes.
- Put in a small bowl, add salt, white pepper powder, ginger sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Put aside to marinade for around 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for stir-fry sauce.
- Add egg whites firstly and then add cornstarch.
- Grasp with hand until the shreds are coated evenly.
- In a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water and stir in one direction to make the coating. Coat each pork before frying.
- Heat up cooking oil in a wok until you can see the waves on the surface. Put the coated pork in. Deep-fry quickly to firm the texture.
- Remove the pork out and drain.
- Then re-deep-fry the pork again quickly around 30 seconds. Transfer the pork out and drain.
- Leave around 1 teaspoon of cooking oil in a wok and then add the stir-fry sauce in to cook around 2 minutes.
- Then return the deep-fried pork into a stir-fry for 1~2 minutes, add pineapple, bell pepper and garnish sesame seeds in; mix thoroughly to make sure the pork is coated evenly.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with hot rice.
Try eating with the family in the veranda on weekends for a change. Since eating time is a happy time, you should always make it memorable especially for the kids; they will carry those beautiful memories with them when they grow up and have kids of their own. They can have some stories to tell their children too while enjoying delicious Sweet and Sour Pork from a recipe they have learned from you. It’s a nice memory you can leave them with. For more Pinoy Recipes, get updated regulary, visit our Facebook Page.