Last Updated on
Tinolang Manok Recipe, Tinola in Tagalog and Cebuano is a Soup based dish that serves as an appetizer commonly seen in the Philippines. This Recipe cooked with chicken, papaya, and leaves of the Siling Labuyo Chili Pepper in a broth flavored with ginger, onions.
Tinolang Manok Recipe and History
The exact origins of Tinola are obscure ?. One of the earliest mentions of the dish is in José Rizal’s first novel, Noli Me Tangere, where Kapitan Tiago served it to Crisostomo Ibarra upon? arriving from Europe. He was given the breast, to the dismay of the corrupt Spanish friar, Padre Damaso, who got chicken neck, which is considered to be the least favored chicken part.Print
Tinolang Manok Recipe
The Tinolang Manok Recipe cooked with chicken, papaya, and leaves of the Siling Labuyo Chili Pepper in a broth flavored with ginger, onions.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 2 lbs. chicken (cut in serving sizes)
- 2 pieces sayote, cut into 4
- 1/2 cup malunggay
- 1 stem lemon grass, cut into 4
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienne
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- Saute ginger and onion till caramelized.
- When you start to smell the aroma of the ginger add the lemongrass.
- Add the chicken and season with fish sauce.
- Add enough water and bring to boil. When it starts boiling reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the sayote slices to the soup.
- Few minutes after checking the sayote and if almost done add the bell pepper then the malunggay. Season with ground pepper and salt.
- Calories: 239 kcal
- Sugar: 2.88 g
- Sodium: 436 mg
- Fat: 8.88 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.19 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 31.64 g
- Cholesterol: 98 mg
Keywords: Tinola, Tinolang Manok
Serve this Tinolang Manok while hot. Enjoy Our Recipe. Don’t Forget to Like and Share if you love this one. Happy Eating.
Recipe ni Juan’s Note:
Any ideas or suggestions regarding the recipe posted? Comment below. Rate our Recipe. Like Recipe ni Juan on Facebook for more recipes.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.