A usual sight in the Filipino breakfast, Pinoy Omelet recipe is a simple dish that lends itself to being cooked quickly. It is actually simple enough that beginners and even those who admit that they don’t cook can actually cook this dish.
What is different in this Pinoy Omelet with the omelet of the Westerners is that this pinoy omelet recipe has eggs, tomato and onions in its list of ingredient. Owing to Filipino ingenuity, this viand can also have a variety of other ingredients such as sardines, tuna flakes or even bitter gourd. Try this Pinoy Omelet recipe to add to your breakfast viands to-cook list.
Pinoy Omelet Recipe – The Basic
This basic ingredients for this pinoy omelet recipe is eggs, tomato and onion.
- First, heat the pan and put cooking oil into it. Saute garlic and a little onion with the tomatoes until shiny.
- Then add the beaten eggs, making sure that the beaten eggs cover the all of the tomatoes and onions.
- Let it cook for 2 minutes. After which you flip it over to cook the uncooked side.
- For this one, make sure that the entirety of the spatula is under the cooked egg omelet so that you will be able to flip it properly.
- After flipping it, let the uncooked part cook for another 3 minutes.
And that’s it! Enjoy this simple but protein-rich dish with soy sauce as a side-dip or as a partner for rice and with coffee as the beverage. If you are feeling that you need to be on-the-go though, you can put this slab of pinoy omelet into your pandesal for a quick breakfast.
With this pinoy omelet recipe (ham and cheese), it is sure that you will always have a to-go recipe to fall back and this is also perfect for busy people.Print
Pinoy Omelet Recipe (Ham and Cheese)
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 3
- 6 large eggs
- Approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons (25 milliliters) milk
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Small pinch mustard powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful leftover cooked ham, chopped
- Handful mature Cheddar cheese, grated or cubed
- Generous tablespoon (about 1/2 ounce) unsalted butter
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat them really well, then add the milk, parsley and mustard powder, season with salt and pepper, and mix well. Throw in the ham and Cheddar.
- Heat the butter in an ovenproof skillet over fairly high heat until it’s fully melted and the pan is very hot. Pour in the egg mixture, pushing the egg away from the sides of the pan using a heatproof spatula. Immediately turn the heat down to medium and let the omelet cook slowly until the bottom half of the omelet is set, about 3 minutes
- If you want to fold your omelet, use the spatula to flip 1 side of the omelet over the other to form a half-circle and continue to cook until the omelet is set, about 3 minutes more. If you want to leave your omelet flat, slide the skillet under a preheated broiler until the top of the omelet is set, about 3 minutes.
- Once the omelet is cooked, serve it immediately, whether folded or flat.
Aside from this Omelet recipe, you can also try our Tortang Giniling Recipe.