A lot can be said about Filipino cuisine, our dishes spring forth from either necessity (in the form of not wasting any food item), adapt to weather (how to make the food last given the climate) or even influences from both Western and Asian cuisines. Our own Pork Embutido Recipe is very much Spanish-influenced, but looking at the dish, now and comparing it with its Latin American and Spanish counterparts, it could be said that a lot of Filipino creativity has been used to make this Dish a truly Filipino one.
There are a lot of processed Embutido here in the country nowadays (including Meatloaf), but in case you want to make one, this is surely going to guide you. This is made with ground pork, eggs, tomato sauce, pickles, red and green bell peppers, carrots, cheddar cheese, onion, salt and pepper and bread crumbs (for the Embutido to be able to mold itself once you open it before frying). For the Bread Crumbs, you can tear bread using your bare hands, turn the bread into crumbs by using a food processor or buy store-bought breadcrumbs.
Pork Embutido Recipe and Preparation (Alternative Method)
- Mix the ground pork, the Bread Crumbs, and beaten eggs together then put in the minced carrots, bell peppers, onion, pickle relish, and the cheddar cheese.
- Add then the raisins, tomato sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Make sure to mix it thoroughly as this mixture is going to be the base for the Vienna sausages or hotdogs.
- Lie the aluminum foil flat on your kitchen counter and put in the mixture.
- After putting the mixture, you put in the sliced boiled eggs and Vienna sausage in the middle.
- Roll the aluminum foil and lock it, making sure that the mixture is tightly inside.
- Place the Embutido inside a steamer and steam it for 1 hour then refrigerate it.
- After refrigerating it, you can already serve it as it is or fry it up and serve with banana ketchup.
This is perfect not only as a staple for your breakfast, lunch or dinner, this can actually also be served in parties; proving its flexibility as a dish and the ingenuity of the Filipinos in creating something very much our own.
Note: In this Post, We posted Two (2) Different Version of the Embutido, the Alternative one posted above with different ingredients and preparation and the other version below with more ingredients. Just comment below if you have questions. Thanks!Print
Homemade Pork Embutido Recipe
This Filipino Homemade Embutido Recipe is made with ground pork, eggs, tomato sauce, pickles, red and green bell peppers, carrots, cheddar cheese, onion, salt and pepper and bread crumbs (for the Embutido to be able to mold itself once you open it before frying).
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 7
- Category: Pork
- 2 to 3 lbs. ground pork
- 13 pieces Vienna sausage or 5 pcs hotdogs, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- ½ cup sweet pickle relish
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 raw eggs
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1½ cup raisins
- 1 cup carrots, minced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- salt and pepper
- Cups Bread Crumbs (made by placing 4 slices of tasty bread in a food processor. If not using any food processor, just tear the bread.)
- Put the ground pork in a container
- Add the Bread Crumbs then break the Raw Eggs and add it in. Mix well
- Put-in the carrots, bell pepper (red and green), onion, pickle relish, and cheddar cheese. Mix thoroughly
- Add the raisins, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Place the meat mixture in an aluminum foil and flatten it.
- Put in the sliced Vienna sausage and sliced boiled eggs alternately in the middle of the flat meat mixture.
- Roll the foil to form a cylinder — locking the sausage and egg in the middle of the meat mixture. Once done, lock the edges of the foil.
- Place in a steamer and let cook for 1 hour.
- Place inside the refrigerator until temperature turns cold
- Slice and Serve.
- Calories: 850
Anyway, I just searched for some videos on Youtube about this one. Hope this helps. You can follow this one too.
This Homemade Pork Embutido Recipe can be seen on our Official Facebook Page, You can visit and view the comments of members who already tried this. Please Don’t Forget to leave FEEDBACKS on this recipe. You can also post comment and question on our page. See Original Post Here.